During the pregnancy period for the first kid, there is a variety of close allies who usually offer valuable advisory support on the types of baby gears that you should purchase. They give several ideas about kids’ equipment. These things are many, and you have to create more than five registries to account for all of them efficiently.
We all know that nobody wants to have excess things in his or her house, but the expectations of a parent to welcome the first baby keeps everyone prepared in all aspects. These situations of having kids make even the level-headed individuals in the society are cautious because of the panic and other unexpected things. No one wants to mess up when it comes to parenting.
However, you do not have to go through tough hustles when finding the perfect gears for your beloved child. The list below will offer you the must-have essentials that you require to bring the newborn baby home and provide excellent parenting.
1. Diaper Bag – These are the characteristics of superb diaper bags: they have numerous pockets for storage, microfiber/waterproof surfaces and have backpack straps. You can find a variety of designs that are perfect for all caregivers. Also, there are affordable diaper bags that have good packs. We’ve done the research for you & have found the best baby diaper bags on the market! Read buying guide & reviews about diaper bags so you won’t be disappointed when purchasing the best nappy bag for your baby!
2. Soft Carrier – Soft carriers are perfect for individuals who do not like putting their kids down, but they want to move around with them. The soft carriers come with a range of styles that are easily movable. The carriers enable you to move around chatting with your friends while taking care of your children.
3. Car Seat – According to the federal laws, it is mandatory to have excellent car seats when you have a young kid. After the delivery of the child, the hospital cannot allow you out with a perfect car seat that will be comfortable for your child. There are also the infant baskets made with an excellent handle that you can buy. In the modern market, it is easy to get numerous brands of these items at affordable rates and styles that will favor your budget.
4. Nursing Pillow – The nursing pillows are some of the best things that a breastfeeding mother should have because they play a significant role in placing the kid in an optimal positioning during the process. You can get a variety of options including the contoured positioner, which have a clipping strap that is essential for holding the nursing pillow in a comfortable position.
5. Stroller – You only need one buddy or stroller for your newborn baby. However, before purchasing a stroller for your kid, you should ensure that it has a perfect adapter that is necessary for the child car seat model. Additionally, you can get a frame stroller, which only has wheels and frames. It enhances comfort and safety for your kid.
6. Nursing Wear – As a nursing mother, to avoid leaking through the blouses, it is advisable to have at least two tank tops, popularly referred to as nursing bras. They are also protective gears for the breasts.
7. Formula and Bottles – Many people do not know the right time to introduce bottles to their kids. However, you need it much earlier that the time you may think to feed your child. They are of various types which include classic-style nipples, BPA-free plastic bottles, disposable liners and gas-reducing valve technology. As a nursing mother, you should choose the formula-feed wisely between the soy, reflux-reducing and organic formulas.
8. Breast Pump – A breast pump is one of the perfect solutions recommended by medical practitioners for the breastfeeding mothers. It helps in the establishment of constant milk supply. You can find numerous breast pump brands. It is economical to rent a hospital-grade pump rather than buying a new one. However, you should maintain its cleanliness to make it returnable.
9. Burp Cloths – These are other key newborn essentials that you should have in your house. You should keep at least 15–20 burp cloths. These clothes should be neat always. After using them, you should wash and dry them before using them again.
10. Footed Pajamas – It is advisable for mothers to dress their new-born babies with one-piece footed pajamas in the early stages after birth because it prevents unnecessary spitting out of the clothing after a short while after dressing them.
11. Nail Clipper – It is healthy to trim the nails of your child regularly. Dust particles may get trapped in long baby nails. They may cause illnesses because most of the kids like putting their hands in the mouth when playing. Additionally, you should note that the nails of the kids grow faster than those of the adults. They can cause injuries if the child scratches your breasts while breastfeeding. The baby may also harm his or her body with the nails if you fail to trim them. However, you should be keen when cutting these nails to avoid causing severe injuries on the fingers of the child. There are different sizes and designs of clippers sold by numerous wholesalers and retailers at affordable prices. It is advisable to take precautions by using the best nail clippers that have light and a magnifying glass. It is helpful because it boosts accuracy and helps you to see the nails of the baby well. After using these nails clippers you should wash them before storing them. The process will prevent bacterial infection and rusting. It will boost their efficiency and durability.
12. Sleep Soothers – Some mothers find difficulties in the process of getting their babies sleep within a short period. You can use various tactics to soothe your kid and enable him or her to sleep fast so that you can perform your daily tasks efficiently. The top three recommendations that help parents and children in this process include learning all the necessary skills by watching the DVD known as the Happiest Baby on the Block, gathering a variety of pacifiers to your home, and making purchases of at least two or more Swaddlers. One of the best Swaddlers in the market is the Miracle Blanket. It is efficient for wrapping up the baby warmly to sooth him or her to sleep faster than expected.
13. Tdap and flu shots – It is advisable to have the Tdap and flu shots for all the people who will come into contact with your child at early stages after birth. They are protective things which prevent the kid from contracting unnecessary flu that may be acquired orally or through other means. According to the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention, it is advisable to offer vaccines to siblings, parents, grandparents, relatives, caregivers or any other person in the house at least two weeks before the baby is born. Everyone that is likely to come into contact with the baby after delivery should receive these vaccinations to keep the baby safe from flu and other contaminable diseases. The process will enable the child to grow healthy and energetic at the early stages of life.
14. Baby Crib Wedge – If you baby has acid reflux, GERD, or has trouble sleeping a crib wedge can definitely help open up the nasal passage ways and allow for a good sleep. One of the main issues is babies slipping down the wedge, and most wedges are made of cheap foam that no human should sleep on. It is important to get a crid wedge made of memory foam so the infant’s head, neck and shoulders can mold to the wedge and she doesn’t slip down.
15. Bassinet or Co-sleeper – After birth, the newborn kids always want to sleep near their mothers. They feel warm and secure near their moms. For the first few months after birth, it is advisable to purchase co-sleepers for them. They are fantastic children equipment that enables them to sleep with excellent comfort. You can attach the co-sleepers securely with the big bed and allow the baby to sleep freely after enjoying a meal. Children enjoy and feel safe when sleeping in the bassinets.
16. Diaper Creams – You need to keep the butts of your new kid safe by purchasing high-quality diaper cream for him or her. They are protective gears for young children. In the modern markets, there are numerous brands of diaper creams sold by local and online stores at affordable prices. You can also find those made with natural ingredients that are degradable and hence environmental friendly after use. They usually have between 12 and 20 percent components of zinc oxide. For the mothers who use the cloth diapers, they should ensure that the creams that they choose for their kids do not have petroleum. Petroleum is a reactant that causes high levels of irritations and wearing out of the cloth easily.
17. Diapers and Wipes – One of the challenging processes for the mothers who have new kids is to choose the right diaper strategy for them that will serve their needs adequately. Previously, after giving birth to the first child, people tried using the cloth diapers but found the procedure intimidating because they did not function efficiently as per their expectations. Consequently, they used the ‘eco’ diapers, which are better than the previous clothes because the materials that make them are biodegradable and hence recyclable. One of the easiest ways to use is the Diaper Dabbler which enables you to try new numerous brands and evaluate the ones that works the best way without having necessarily to purchase whole packages that can go to waste. Additionally, you can visit the online retail shops like Amazon and check on Amazon Mom, where you can get a variety of children items sold at pocket-friendly prices.
18. Digital Thermometer – If you have a newborn baby, you should ensure that you have a functional digital thermometer in your house. In the first weeks after the delivery of the baby, the kid may experience high levels of unnecessary fevers. These fevers require medical attention. Therefore, with a digital thermometer, you will be able to get the accurate body temperatures of the kid. If the baby experiences extreme fevers, you can take him or her to the doctor for immediate checkups. The process will enhance proper protection of the kid’s health.
19. Reference Book – In the modern markets, you can get a variety of instruction manuals for young babies sold at different shops at reasonable prices. Baby 411 is one of the best manuals used by thousands of mothers in the world to get helpful information about kids. Currently, the guide is in its sixth edition. In this book, you can get essential details on how to maintain the cleanliness of babies and how to feed them on balanced diets. Additionally, you can also get valuable information on how you should dress the babies on different seasons of the year. The authors of the Baby 411 instruction manual were intellect because they teamed-up with experienced medical practitioners when writing the book. They also team-up with qualified pediatricians to make essential updates to ensure that the manual covers comprehensive details that will be beneficial to nursing mothers. Mostly, these manuals include details about children between the ages of 0-12 years old. You can find them at different stores at varying prices.
Some of the best sites where you can get beneficial recommendations and baby product reviews every time:
Baby Bargains – Expert Baby Gear Reviews Parents Trust! America’s online source for honest, unbaised baby gear reviews!
BearGearLab – BabyGearLab aims to provide the world’s best reviews of baby products — hands-on, objective, and based on side-by-side comparison testing.
The Bump – Get pregnancy information, baby advice and parenting tips at TheBump.com baby website.
What Baby Needs List – What do you need for good newborn care when baby comes home? Our baby basics shopping list will help you figure out exactly what you’ll need for the first few months.
Baby Gizmo – Baby Gizmo is a parenting resource website providing advice and support for products, travel, food and mom tips.Top parenting video resource in the world.